Saturday, March 15, 2014

Iron Man 3 2013


Memorable quotes:

"You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys. One thing you can't take away...I am Iron Man."
"I have to protect the one thing that I can't live without, that's you Pepper."

Now how do I begin with this one? Hmm, oh yeah. I paid to see this in the cinema, even had a little "tampuhan" with my wife about watching it on the big screen and over all I wasn't really that impressed with how this film turned out. I mean come on, who wouldn't want to see it, this is freaking Robert Downey Jr as IRON MAN baby, so I was really excited to watch it. However, sorry to say Robert or Tony, this movie did not live up to my expectations at all. Some people say that this might be the last Iron Man film in the franchise (which I hope is not)This film was the first of what was called Phase 2 of  Marvel's story line for the up coming Avengers: Age of Ultron which is scheduled for release on May 1, 2015. The reason I got hooked up with the first 2 films was because no one has ever tried to make a live action film of the character since its introduction to the comic book world. Maybe there's a reason they had to wait this long because if they did Iron Man in the 80's or 90's, oh boy I couldn't imagine how it would look like especially the suits. Most people say that if the first film is successful, a sequel might be a disaster or could be more successful that the first one (which for some films worked pretty well). 


Things that made me think while watching IM3

1. How did Tony get a hold of his little giger counter thingy like the ones they have in Dragon Ball Z (of course Stark's was way cooler and more advanced) to operate the Mark 42 when he was rescuing those passengers from Air Force One, when he left it in his house and got destroyed during the attack? Did it transport itself from the house? 











2. Why was War Machine (I know, I know, he's been re branded here as Iron Patriot but I like War Machine better) not involved in the last battle? His suit was made useless as well as his character. There are 41 other suits built and the best line that Stark can tell Rhodes when he asked for a suit is "Oh I'm sorry they're only coded to me, which means I got you covered." 














3. Let me just quote The Rock for this next one regarding The Mandarin, "What in the blue hell is wrong with you?" I mean come on people, you decided to go back in the past with Stark dealing with his mistakes and all that so why did they have to change the way The Mandarin was played out here? In the comic books, The Mandarin was the leader of The Ten Rings, which was of course the group of assassins that kidnapped Tony in the first film. They could have probably had him take revenge on Stark on this one since his group was defeated by Iron Man. Ben Kingsley had the look, the costume but damn, I hated it when Tony broke into his layer and would hear this guy start speaking in an English accent, then says he is an actor, then in the end to find out that Killian was The Mandarin. That was a not good for the story I'm telling you. Why can't movie makers just stick with the original story sometimes. 



















4. I had no problem when Stark issued an open challenge to The Mandarin by giving out his home address. But come on dude, he spent almost 72 hours awake tinkering and building new suits which in the last battle scene were all combat ready except for Mark 42 which he used to protect Pepper, fend off the bad guys and unfortunately was not mission capable because it was a freaking prototype?!?! Seriously?!?!

My favorite scenes from IM3

1. In the so called "birthing room" were Stark was testing out his newly built Mark 42. I loved it when he danced and called for his suit to come to him and everything got messy when he got a little cocky over how he can handle things.

2. The scene where he was making a deal with Harley and after he gave the kid a protection from bullies to cover up his ass, the next line was a killer; "You know what keeps going thru my head? Where's my sandwich?" Haha! Battered, bruised, homeless, Stark still acts as if he owns the place.

3. After getting rid of the extremis soldiers, I liked how he and Harley dissed each other.

Harley: So you're just gonna leave me here like my Dad?
Stark: Yeah. Wait you're guilt tripping me are you?
Harley: I'm cold.
Stark: I can tell. You know how I can tell? Because we're connected :) (smiles with a grin and drives away)


My evaluation 
Story: 3/5
Visual effects: 5/5

Over all, Iron Man 3 was indeed one of the top grossing films and best films of the past year. I was just really hoping that after The Avengers they would come up with even more bad ass sequels with bad ass stories. I really hate that feeling when I watch a movie, expecting a lot and ending up being 60% unsatisfied because of bad decisions from the producers. I mean I even heard rumors for a post credit scene of IM3 that Tony has rebuilt his Gemini Mark 39 Space Armor and was travelling in space where he would meet the Guardian's of the Galaxy which for me, was a far more better choice of a post credits scene rather than the one they had where Tony was telling his story to Dr. Banner. What was the sense of that? Anyways, enough badgering here. Tony Stark is Tony Stark and I would love Robert to continue to play the hero we have all come to like. 

Comments and suggestions are very much welcome. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. we share the same sentiments, pretty much . =D
    http://strangereview.blogspot.com/2013/04/iron-man-3-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah I just read it and we do share the same sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete