Thursday, March 13, 2014

Toy Story 3 2012

Here's my first official blog about the movie Toy Story 3. Hope this goes the way I want it. :)




As Bill Cosby always said on his TV show "Kids Say The Darndest Things", there is a kid inside all of us. Toy Story 3 is yet another movie that brings the kid inside all of us adults. Out of all the 3 films, this one really made me cry and made me realize the value of friendship. I mean most of these animated films would try and capture our hearts but this one is a killer (figuratively speaking).

This movie not only has a good plot but the characters have developed a lot from the previous films. I like how director Lee Unkrich made the audience feel so attached to reality and the scenes of the film. I personally liked how the producers ended the franchise (or are they planning to make a fourth film which I think will be in a long time) with this. The ending was sad but it was the best one. (Damn! I'm getting teary eyed again just writing a blog about this.)

FRIENDSHIP AND LOYALTY

File:Toy Story 3 incinerator scene screenshot.jpg 


This is one of the saddest parts of the film when Woody and the other toys where trapped in the incinerator. While watching my heart started to pound faster and was thinking to myself, "Are they all gonna burn?" "Whose going to survive?" This scene is so powerful that it would make you think, "What if you and your friends are in the same situation? Will all of you accept your fates and die in the flames clinging on to each other?" Or will it be like a scenario from the parable "The Prodigal Son" wherein his friend's loyalty was tested when he lost all his money and no one stood by him during those hard times? Every man for himself? In life this situation happens everyday. Friendships tested. Can we overcome these situations? Let me quote Daniel Bryan (WWE) and say YES! YES! YES! YES!


TOYS AND THEIR IMPORTANCE

Ok so everyone of us must have experienced having a toy or a set of toys when we were children (some even consider a paper doll a toy) but none the less a toy still. Ever wonder why even as we grow older we can't seem to throw away or give away our toys or the important things from our childhood? I mean I still remember giving away my BioMan Red 1 action figure away to one of Jollibee's MaAga ang Pasko charity works and became really sad. I mean That was one of my favorite toys Had it since I was 5 and honestly I never wanted it to leave my closet and told myself that I will let my children play with it but as reality bites, there are things in life that we have to let go. At the last part of the movie when Andy dropped by at Bonnie's house to give his toys, the whole scene was so sad. It was more of like "passing of the torch" sort of thing there but you will get the feeling of both happiness and loneliness. It's a complicated feeling but hey, it worked for the film. These toys reminded all of us about the importance and value of something we cherish dear in our hearts, Love for your family and friends and loyalty.

 

My evaluation: 4.8 / 5


The animation was really great, I loved how creative the animators were and all the scenes were memorable and the music was fantastic thanks to the musical score of Randy Newman. Disney should keep making movies like these that would not only capture the hearts of children but adults too. In my book, this is one of the best animated films of all time. If you are looking for a perfect movie that both adults and children can watch then this is the one. Who knows, after watching this your bond as a family will be more stronger.

Comments and suggestions are very much welcome. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. great job Glenn, considering it's your first post! keep it up! yay! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucresia. Thanks also for your encouragement. You really are a true friend. (^_^)

      Delete