Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Bad Ass X-Men are BACK!!!

  
X-Men: Days of Future Past
   
Cast
Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine
James McAvoy and Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier/Professor X
Michael Fassbender and Ian McKellen as Eric Lehnsherr/Magneto 
Halle Berry as Ororo Munroe/Storm
Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat

Director: Bryan Singer
Producers: 
Runtime: 131 minutes
Budget: $200 million
Box office: $713,053,899
Release date: May 10, 2014 (International)
May 23, 2014, (USA)

Memorable quotes:

"You, you kleptomaniac, get to break in to the Pentagon" - Professor X to Quicksilver

"Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn't mean they're lost forever." - Professor X (future) to Professor X (past)

Ok folks, let's be honest here. This has been one of the most, if not the best, but the most brilliant film in the X-Men movie franchise to date. But on another note, I think we have too many as is TOO MANY characters here that only had a couple of minutes of screen time with one or two dialogues. It's great to have Days of Future Past to be shown in the big screen but for me, Singer could have done a little more work on the characters and their importance in the movie. I would've loved to hear Colossus speak or even Bishop and whatever happened to Lil' ol' Halle Berry's Storm character here? 


And not to mention Rogue? I mean where in the blue hell is this high flyin' power absorbin' bad ass chick? Sure she was highly promoted in the trailer but when I saw it I was like,(and I am borrowing Andrew Garfield's line in The Amazing Spider Man) You mother hubber are you serious??

Rogue

Here's one photo below from Rogue's cut scenes in the film. See that girl behind Professor X, that's Rogue. Too bad Singer cut off all her scenes. They could have done the same thing to her like what they did to Halle Berry's Storm. She was there, couple of lines and some fight scenes. Would have been cool but Singer had to makes crappy excuses about cutting her out.

1043


I'm gonna stop bad mouthing some of the misses in this film and I'm going to talk about the good parts of this wonderful film. The time traveling concept was nothing new in the movie industry but DoFP pulled it off and fitted the story very well, (I mean it was the main concept in the comics and the animated series anyway). However, one more thing that didn't suit well with was the year they had in mind, 1973. I am pretty sure that back then robotics and technology wasn't that well developed yet so I am kind of trying to digest the concept of choosing 1973 where the Sentinels were first introduced. I remember the scene where the US president and Dr. Trask were talking about how Magneto can control metal and Trask was like, try my giant mutant annihilating robots so we can destroy them and the president is like duh, robots are made out of metal and you're going to put it up against someone who you just told me controls metal?? Of course smidget, erm, Trask here says they are built out of space aged polymer with no ounce of metal in them. Again, duh, 1973? I don't get it. Probably would make me believe the concept if the year was like 1993 or 1997 right? I mean in the cartoon adaptation of DoFP, Bishop came back in time during the said assassination in the 90's which would make more sense than 1973(sorry for being such a d*%k on mentioning 1973 over and over again). The Sentinels here in the movie adaptation were more bad ass than the ones in the comic book and the cartoon. I mean in the cartoons, these anti mutant robots can be defeated unlike in the film, man they are almost android like, unbeatable. Acquiring the powers of Mystique were a great idea for the movie. Felt really sorry for the mutants here 'cause they have no chance against this kind of enemy and damn you Mystique for having that kind of power hehe (^_^)

 

poster-sentinel

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in his 199th time of portraying the character did well for the movie. Trust me, people might get tired of Wolverine gracing the front cover of DVD's or magazines and game covers but hey, they did find the right match for the character in Jackman. Here's another of my "I hope" moments. It would've been nice if he had some lines from the animated series like, "Out of my way, rookie" or that famous line he told Bishop when he was about to jump in to that time portal device, "I'm gonna remember this rookie!" I loved the expression on Hugh's face when he was back in the 70's and he showed his claws and he was like "the hell are these? my metal claws are not yet born this year?" 


The only scene, and I mean ONLY SCENE in the movie that I really loved was the break out of prison scene. They picked the right guy to play Quicksilver in Evan Peters, just didn't like them changing his name from Pietro Maximoff to Peter Maximoff. I love it especially when he was looking at Magneto from above the glass prison and he had that weird crazy smile on his face and the moment when he held Magneto's neck and was explaining that he didn't want him to get whiplash and moved and talked like a creepy doll hehe. (That made my day!) The slomo plus the song by Jim Croce made that scene really memorable and actually the only one scene I keep watching over and over and over again. 



My Rating: 4.7 out of 5

Despite my complains and all, I loved this movie a lot. The best film in the franchise so far and I am really looking forward to the next film coming out in 2016, X-Men Apocalypse but folks don't be dismayed if you see Hugh Jackman appear as Wolverine again since like Kitty said in the movie, "basically you don't age and you will look the same" so don't expect a younger version of Logan here (^_^) Now let's all sing or hum or whichever you prefer, the X-Men Animated Series Opening song! One, two, one two three....Tararararararam Dararararararam  Tararararararam Taram ram Tararararararam Dararararararam  Tararararararam Taram ram (^_^)

Your comments and suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment