Thursday, August 7, 2014

A trip to the farthest universe with the Guardians of the Galaxy, baby!



Guardians of the Galaxy
Chris Pratt as Star Lord
Zoe Saldana as Gamora
Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer
Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot
Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket Raccoon

Memorable lines:

Drax: I can't see a thing
Groot: (pops up small lights from his branches)
Drax: (amazed) When did you learn how to do that?
Star Lord: Pretty sure the answer is I am Groot.

Rocket: No Groot, you can't, you'll die! Why are you doing this?!
Groot: (wiping Rocket's tear) We are Groot!


If you haven't seen this film and are doubting whether to watch it or not, well my friends, you better watch it because I am pretty sure this marvelous piece of work will blow your minds! To be honest I told myself I would just wait for the DVD release of this but since everybody else has been buzzing about. To be honest, I completely have no freaking idea who the Guardians of the Galaxy were until I saw an announcement on World Wrestling Entertainment's website that Batista has been cast as Drax the Destroyer. For me this was like Star Wars but in a different universe, much more cooler and bad ass! Marvel did a pretty swell job with it and successfully assembling an amazing set of people to portray the characters and each one was perfect.

 Two of my favorite characters are Rocket Racoon and Groot. Well, I did like Batista's portrayal of Drax but I'll go with my picks (I love wrestling and Batista and all but I gotta pick favorites don't I?). The story was good as well as how each actor played out their respective characters. I am also glad we got a glimpse of how Thanos looks like and how he will play a major bad ass villian in the Avengers 3. Great portrayal as well by Lee Pace for the super villian Ronan the Accuser, almost unbeatable but damn he could be a good match for the Mighty Thor now wouldn't he? (^_^)

source

I love the fact that Rocket is the only one in the group that understands what Groot was actually saying, well he only speaks the words "I am Groot" but they are spoken in different manners and tones through out the movie. Rocket really emphasizes the term "Small but Terrible". Not only was he intelligent but he has such a good sense of humor as well as a caring heart for his companions, especially towards Groot. Groot was the true soul of this team. To be honest, I never thought he had a lot to deliver since he was "just a tree" but the big guy changed everything for me especially that scene where he protected his team mates by shielding them to survive the impact of Ronan's ship crashing over the city of Xandar. That put a small tear drop in my eye which I am not ashamed to admit. I bet "Groot" Diesel and "Rocket" Cooper are pretty happy about the results of the film's success in just a couple of days. (I'd be happy too if I was paid a huge amount of money just to say I AM GROOT!) One more good thing about Guardians is it's humor. Everytime all these five gather they would crack up everybody watching. The soundtrack for the film was sooooo great as well that it made me dance, sing and watch a movie all at the same time.

My Rating: 4.9 / 5

Over all, I would say that Marvel has given us another film that is worth remembering with memorable scenes, characters and events. CGI was very impressive and showed us the different, colorful, adventurous side of the Galaxy. The comedic antics of Star Lord were so good as well as his "sorccery" on Gamora when he was trying to give her a smacker. Batista's mideval speech pattern was awesome as well. And boy oh boy, I can't wait for them to have a cross over movie with the Avengers and have Iron Man join the Guardians so that he'd be able to put to proper use of his Space Armor. Damn! Now go, move your butts and go watch this brilliant film so that you can wear a Groot-like smile just like our big guy below. 


Your comments and suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment